"I'm writing what I can't wait for about heaven," Mum walked in the room.
That was it... so we started discussing the things that are so amazing - unimaginable.
- I'll be eternally happy. Never any sadness.
- That'll be it - no more sin, confusion, and struggles... I'll have reached heaven!
- I'll meet Bible heroes, and friends like Elyssa, who I haven't seen yet.
When I'm feeling upset I go pray. At those times I just long and wish that I could reach out my hands and have a big reassuring hug from God. And finally...
- I will be able to hug God - oh, I can't wait!
This life can be discouraging and sad at times, but there -
- Life will be the most meaningful imaginable.
- Truly, It'll be the prettiest place out!
I pictured getting to heaven, and a man, woman, or a child coming and saying, "What you did that day, really caring, made me want God too: that's why I'm here too." That thought made me so want to be more of a blessing.
- ...meet people God saved using you.
- Be able to spend forever! with loving Jesus.
- Finally, getting understanding the full picture of the plan of salvation and heavenly things. No earthly, ugly thought will enter our mind again.
- Being served by Jesus & sitting at that awesome table, that goes for miles and you can see everyone clearly. (I think I'd want to jump up and help.)
- Eating that luscious fruit – better than the juiciest and sweetest mango I've ever eaten here.
- Picking a bunch of delicate cosmos and being filled with amazement over the years, as I watch it never even wilt.
- Watching animals and babies. Getting to look after one of those innocent babies from Bethlehem. I've never been a Mum here, so I'll get a chance with one of them.
- Skipping, running, singing, flying, over the whole of heaven, and the sea of glass.
- After the thousand years, watch God recreate the earth. That will be so breath-taking. Seeing plants, and stars and animals appear. (This time, I hope we'll be able to name them all, like Adam did.)
- Everybody will be beautiful.
- Giggling about how short I am compared to heaven's people. I think I'll go up to Adam, "Hey Grandfather, I'm up to your waist now!"
- Ride a lion, climb those mighty trees: feel the joy of heaven.