Monday, November 30, 2009

Feeling the Thrill of Heaven

How easy it is to be lost! Unless I make God and getting to heaven, my 'one-track' in life, I won't just end up there by chance. A realization of how distracted I've been from God wrapped around me... and I felt awful. That discouraged feeling. Maybe a walk would make me feel better. I walked towards the door but another thought grabbed me. Why not write what I'm looking forward to in Heaven? Plopping down beside my bed, I began penciling in my journal: "What I'm looking forward to in Heaven~."
"I'm writing what I can't wait for about heaven," Mum walked in the room.
That was it... so we started discussing the things that are so amazing - unimaginable.

  • I'll be eternally happy. Never any sadness.
  • That'll be it - no more sin, confusion, and struggles... I'll have reached heaven!
  • I'll meet Bible heroes, and friends like Elyssa, who I haven't seen yet.

When I'm feeling upset I go pray. At those times I just long and wish that I could reach out my hands and have a big reassuring hug from God. And finally...

  • I will be able to hug God - oh, I can't wait!

    This life can be discouraging and sad at times, but there -
    • Life will be the most meaningful imaginable.
    I sat there trying to think of the prettiest places I could think of - maybe some amazing gardens in the world. Or places where monsoon rains, leave lands lush and beautiful: that remind me of what Eden might've looked like. But nothing I could think of could compare. It won't be artificial. Grass will be the lushest and softest: like carpet. When you sit on it, it won't make you itchy. And those streets of gold, so different to anything here.
    • Truly, It'll be the prettiest place out!

    I pictured getting to heaven, and a man, woman, or a child coming and saying, "What you did that day, really caring, made me want God too: that's why I'm here too." That thought made me so want to be more of a blessing.
    • ...meet people God saved using you.
    I imagine the ecstasy: when I thought of sharing, the embarrassment that might have tempted me here, the 'being out of my comfort zone,' will be all have been worth it.
    • Be able to spend forever! with loving Jesus.
    That's what I long for, what I live for. I live here on earth, to be able to spend forever, eternity with Him. He loved me so much, that He went through the most horrendous treatment ever endured by man to save me. It melts my heart to realize that he didn't have to, he wanted to. Too Him the thought of losing me, was too much, to think twice about the pain and suffering.
    • Finally, getting understanding the full picture of the plan of salvation and heavenly things. No earthly, ugly thought will enter our mind again.
    • Being served by Jesus & sitting at that awesome table, that goes for miles and you can see everyone clearly. (I think I'd want to jump up and help.)
    • Eating that luscious fruit – better than the juiciest and sweetest mango I've ever eaten here.

    • Picking a bunch of delicate cosmos and being filled with amazement over the years, as I watch it never even wilt.
    • Watching animals and babies. Getting to look after one of those innocent babies from Bethlehem. I've never been a Mum here, so I'll get a chance with one of them.
    • Skipping, running, singing, flying, over the whole of heaven, and the sea of glass.
    • After the thousand years, watch God recreate the earth. That will be so breath-taking. Seeing plants, and stars and animals appear. (This time, I hope we'll be able to name them all, like Adam did.)
    • Everybody will be beautiful.
    • Giggling about how short I am compared to heaven's people. I think I'll go up to Adam, "Hey Grandfather, I'm up to your waist now!"
    • Ride a lion, climb those mighty trees: feel the joy of heaven.
    As I wrote this list, I caught a bit of the excitement, that heaven will be. I felt the thrill... and now I know for sure, that I don't want to miss out: for anything.

    ~Christella

    3 comments:

    1. It made me catch some of your excitement and thrill of heaven and how wonderful it will be!

      When I think of how wicked this world is, my heart just cry's out "Come quickly Lord Jesus".

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey Stella, what a lovely picture you created with those words about heaven. I find it interesting how heaven is going to be so wonderful and rich that everyone is going to enjoy it, no matter what our interests are or how different we are from each other. Hope to see you soon!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...